Lean Site Consultant
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Lean Site Consultant is an internal Lean subject matter expert, who will lead the implementation of problem solving and continuous process improvement through facilitation of cross-functional teams towards sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable results. This role will drive strategic deployment that will enhance patient care, quality and safety, as well as key systems, by building effective customer-focused relationships, and deploying a process improvement strategy utilizing Lean concepts.
This individual supports the implementation of the Site’s Strategic Plan as developed by the site and system executive leadership team in collaboration with the Lean Transformation Office (LTO), as well as for deploying the WellStar Lean Strategy. The role will support Executive Sponsors, Process Owners, physician and administrative leaders, and front-line staff. Provides facilitation that challenges status quo thinking and resolves conflicts within teams to ensure forward progress while breaking down barriers.
The Lean Site Consultant provides training and coaching to develop the workforce at all levels of the site, including the Lean Site Facilitators. Leads the knowledge transfer of Lean philosophy and methodology, including A3 thinking. This role is responsible for influencing change by advocating for excellence.
This position will report directly to Director/Executive Director/AVP of Quality and Safety at their site, with a dotted line to the AVP, WellStar LTO.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Healthcare Administration or Sciences strongly preferred
Required Minimum Certification
- Lean Certification. Six-Sigma, and PMP preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a dedicated continuous improvement role utilizing Lean methodology
required (within a healthcare environment preferred).
- Seven (7) or more years of experience within a healthcare environment strongly preferred
- Experience leading complex, multi-department Lean initiatives in healthcare organization(s).
- Experience in a strong model of coaching and mentoring others in the concepts and tools of Lean.
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong demeanor and style to quickly establish credibility throughout any level in the organization.
- Able to influence positive and sustainable change, within and across, various functional areas
- Proven success in partnering with operational leaders to accumulate, analyze, and concisely present data.
- Formulate actionable plans that are prioritized most closely around key issues and that align with strategic
- Well organized, disciplined and persistent. Driven to overcome complex barriers to achieve objectives
- Creative problem-solving, and the initiative to lead and effectively manage change
- Well versed in MS 365 Products and project management software
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!