Lead Phlebotomy Patient Outreach Services Specialist - Lab Outreach
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Under the supervision of the Outreach Supervisor or designee, performs technical and non-technical duties within the WellStar Laboratory Outreach specimen collection locations. Duties included, but not limited to, WellStar EPIC system patient registration; WellStar EPIC system insurance and ICD-10 data entry; WellStar EPIC system laboratory test order entry; Quest Laboratory and Lab Corp systems patient registration; Quest Laboratory and Lab Corp systems insurance and ICD-10 data entry; Quest Laboratory and Lab Corp systems test order entry; resolving all Customer Service problems and issues at assigned in-office phlebotomy and patient service center locations; properly preparing and packing specimens for transport to analyzing laboratory; properly and accurately performing phlebotomy specimen collection; performing Quality Assurance and maintenance checks on all equipment in accordance with CLIA and CAP guidelines; and all other duties as assigned. Responsible for leadership tasks including and not limited to managing daily on-site operations, daily communication with office personnel (office manager, MAs, & physicians), on-site training of team members, staff rotation schedule preparation, investigating and resolving lab process problems, monthly raw and statistical data collection, and maintenance of appropriate supply inventory. Local travel required.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or GED
Required Minimum Certification
Required Minimum Experience
- At least one (1) year of previous computer registration skills required
- At least one (1) year of customer service experience
- At least one (1) year of previous phlebotomy and specimen processing experience required
Required Minimum Skills
- Requires excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires efficient and accurate computer skills
- Must be able to work and maintain professional demeanor under stressful conditions
- Requires efficient multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be able to gracefully maintain composure in difficult situations
- Must have reliable transportation
- A valid Georgia driver’s license and scheduling flexibility
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!