Lab Support Services Specialist / Phlebotomist - Weekends
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Lab Support Services Specialist
Performs technical and non-technical duties within the Laboratory service areas.
Duties included, but not limited to:
- HIS/LIS data entry, troubleshooting and laboratory technical support functions
- Customer Service for all patients and health care providers.
- Specimen receipt and processing including preparing specimens for transport to reference labs, microbiology processing, loading samples on lab automation and preparing samples for the technical staff.
- Phlebotomy procedures including all types of specimen collection techniques.
- Assist in multiple areas as workload and staffing changes.
Required Minimum Education: High School Graduate or possess a GED from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience: Experience in either phlebotomy or specimen processing in an outpatient or hospital laboratory environment required. Phlebotomy training in a school program which occurs in a hospital setting is also acceptable.
Required Minimum Skills: Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, multi-tasking and organizational skills, professionalism, detail and team-oriented, data entry, typing 40 wpm and working computer knowledge.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community. Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!