About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Inventory Specialist functions under the direction of the Nutrition & Food Service manager. Receives, handles and stores food and supplies in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and applicable food safety standards. Uses computer and inventory control systems to purchase, receive, and issue groceries and supplies for the NFS department. Meets the budgetary constraints of the department.
Required Minimum Education:
- High school graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Six months experience in supply inventory and replenishment.
- One year experience in customer service field.
- One year experience in Health Care environment preferred but not required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of Nutrition & Food Service terminology preferred.
- Possess technical skills to operate PC and hand-held devices.
- Possess skills to interact with clinicians and other hospital personnel.
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jack & stock room equipment preferred.
- System Applications: Lawson, Outlook, Cbord, Shared drive
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!