Interventional Special Procedure Tech
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Apply today and ask about a sign on bonus!
The Interventional Special Procedures Technologist assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. The technologist has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. He/she is responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. The technologist is able to independently perform job functions. He/she sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
- Currently registered by the ARRT.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience in Interventional Special Procedures.
- Prefer special/advanced procedure registry.
- Competency in all aspects of interventional/vascular procedures, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as well as how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Be able to function independently during procedures after appropriate orientation/competency on unit and as demonstrated by being placed on call rotation.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!