Epic Principal Trainer - Grand Central
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The WellStar Learning and Development department is currently hiring a Epic Principal Trainer to join its team. The Epic Principal Trainer is an individual that possesses competencies in two areas: science of educational theory with mastery in educational design, implementation and evaluation as well as a sound knowledge of how technology is situated in the workflow of clinicians and others within healthcare; in particular, the electronic health record. The Epic Principal Trainer will be responsible for developing and maintaining course curricula and supporting training materials for their application as well as designing robust evaluation methods for training programs. The Epic Principal Trainer acts as a content expert for creating and providing training for the Epic application.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- Experience as an instructor, educator or facilitator of learning programs is strongly preferred.
- If not, must complete WellStar Educator Immersion program within 3 months of employment and successfully complete all aspects of the training.
- Exposure to and knowledge of healthcare, clinical practice settings and clinical workflow in a hospital setting, is strongly preferred.
- Certified in Epic application or must complete Epic certification within six months of hire.
- Must maintain Epic certification in assigned application module to assure Epic active status.
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized and have the ability to analyze and trouble shoot problems.
- This individual must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of project management tools, methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to multitask is essential, as is the ability to function in stressful and emergent situations.
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills are required.
- Knowledge of clinical practice settings and clinical workflow in a hospital setting are preferred.
- Requires the ability to travel on an overnight basis to obtain specific training or to support go-live events.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!