Director of Oncology Services
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Oncology Services for Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. Wellstar North Fulton Hospital is a 202-bed, level II trauma center in Roswell, Georgia. Located in close proximity to Downtown Roswell, Downtown Alpharetta and Avalon, this location offers the best of live, work and play!
This position is responsible for the successful operation of the cancer program for the WellStar North Fulton. Facilitates continuity of cancer related care, and integrate activities with other major organizational units and hospital departments. Establishes objectives, develops and implements plans to achieve corporate goals. Determines the organizational structure and directs staff to carry out plans. Measures results and takes appropriate corrective actions to ensure achievement of objectives. Develops, proposes and implements policies.
Under the direction of the Execuive Director Operations, he/she will work collaboratively with other leaders within the cancer program to help grow and extend the oncology program. He/she serves as a key member of the WellStar Cancer Network leadership team, supporting the Vice President of Oncology, Medical Director of Oncology and Medical Director of Radiation Oncology to ensure implementation of the Oncology Network strategies based at Wellstar North Fulton.
He/She is responsible for supporting the development of strategic priorities for WellStar North Fulton with emphasis on building and strengthening the existing Tumor Subcommittees for Breast and Lung, and in addition, will work to build additional tumor sites such as GI and Head and Neck. These tumor subcommittees are vital clinical programs of the Wellstar North Fulton Cancer Program and will require managing multiple priorities, working closely with the physician leaders (including WellStar Medical Group physicians, The Breast Center and other contributing private practicing physicians) and to carefully evaluate and when appropriate apply the necessary resources needed for these programs to be successful. Each tumor site program will have focus areas around quality, safety, growth strategy, and patient satisfaction.
This individual must be able to evaluate large amounts of data, and leverage this data to drive productive change in quality, outcomes, operational efficiencies and market growth. Additionally, he/she is responsible for performing a wide variety of operational responsibilities relative to personnel management, budget development, financial management, compliance, physician satisfaction, and employee engagement and performance improvement. Other responsibilities include achieving quality outcomes and customer / patient satisfaction in a fiscally responsible manner. The Director can perform job functions utilizing independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative with ability to interact and direct successful operation within multidisciplinary specialty physician groups practicing at Wellstar North Fulton.
Provides leadership and direction in the development and execution of strategies to manage oncology operations that are consistent with our culture, strategic business objectives, and continuous quality improvement. Employs a global perspective of emerging trends, issues, and technology in oncology and possesses understanding of the oncology and WellStar Cancer Network mission and vision.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, or related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive leadership experience, including four (4) years of management experience with significant focus business and financial acumen.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in oncology services is required.
- Operational management experience required.
- Budgeting, financial management and service management required.
- Oncology regulatory and accreditation compliance experience required.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Performance management skills, financial acumen, strategic planning, communication skills, knowledge of industry standards, leadership and interpersonal skills; analytical skills to solve technical problems as well as abstract reasoning to define course of actions when information may be vague or unclear.
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, as well as possess the ability to organize and present data in a detailed, legible and compelling manner.
- Additionally, this role requires organizational skills that enable the individual to react and perform under stress and emergency situations, and to manage multiple priorities on an on-going basis.
- Management skills to effectively lead employees in a task-oriented environment, time management skills to meet scheduled and non-scheduled operational deadlines, analytical skills to prepare and manage budget.
- A patient centered focus, positive and compassionate attitude, and orientation to the unique challenges facing cancer patients are paramount qualities.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!