About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The mission of WellStar’s Spiritual Health Department is to impact the healing experience by offering compassionate presence and bringing hope to patients and residents, families, staff, and community, evidencing our commitment to the health and well-being of the whole person – mind, body, and spirit. The clinically-trained professional chaplain has the primary responsibilities of offering spiritual health care and emotional support to patients/residents and their families/support systems, inclusive of all faith traditions and chosen spiritual paths, utilizing their expertise and advanced knowledge of spiritual health.
The Chaplain will perform spiritual assessments; develop individualized care plans that include patient care goals; offer spiritual interventions based on their knowledge and discretion including sacraments and rituals as appropriate; collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to positively impact the patient’s plan of care; and offer beginning-of-life and end-of-life support and legacy work to the patient/resident and bereavement support to the patient’s family/support system.
The Chaplain will work closely with the larger faith community to create a network of support to best meet the religious and spiritual needs of patients, residents, families, and team members. The Chaplain will offer support to team members, including education on self-care and compassion fatigue. The Chaplain is required to participate in the on-call rotation on a regular basis, as determined by the site-specific needs.
Required Minimum Education:
- Masters’ Degree in Divinity, Theology, or equivalent Masters’ Level Degree from a graduate school, school of divinity or theology, or seminary accredited by the Association of
- Theological Schools or one of the regional Association of Colleges and Schools or its equivalent
- 4 Units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) completed at a training center accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Ordination or Licensure for ministry by a recognized faith group
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement for Hospital and/or Hospice Chaplaincy by a recognized faith group
- Board Certification (BCC – Board Certified Chaplain), or eligibility for certification, by APC (Association of Professional Chaplains), NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains), or NAJC (National Association of Jewish Chaplains); must complete BCC within 24 months of hire
Required Minimum Experience:
- 2 years of experience in spiritual health in a health care setting (may include 1 year of CPE residency)
- 1 year of Hospice experience (required for Hospice Chaplains)
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!