Certified Nursing Assistant - (CNA) - Inpatient Rehab - Part-Time - Weekend Option - (Sign on Bonus)
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Care Partner (CP) is a support care provider who functions under the direction of the clinical nurse (Registered Professional Nurse). The CP primary focus will be to promote a positive patient experience by partnering with the patient, family and other health care providers to provide excellence in customer service and assistance with daily living activities and comfort measures. The CP assists other health care providers with safe, age appropriate and culturally aware care by performing basic patient care functions; i.e. ADLs, ambulation, vital signs, approved advanced technical procedures; i.e. phlebotomy, simple treatments, dressing changes, oral suctioning, and discontinuing Foley catheters; transporting supplies/equipment/patient medications. May be required to support clinical care by performing clerical functions including computer order entry, retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, transporting supplies / equipment/patient medications, preparing and maintaining patient charts, providing customer service and acting as the central communication source on the nursing unit and other activities as necessary. The CP must be able to work in a fast paced environment which requires multi-tasking activities and ongoing communication with the registered nurse. Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful and helpful manner. Must be able to take direction from a variety of care providers. Must be organized with excellent communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program
- Six (6) months clinical experience in acute care setting, long-term care facility, physician office/clinic, or other direct clinical patient care experience or minimum one (1) semester clinical in an Associate or Baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Ability to enter information into an electronic medical record
- Basic medical terminology
Preferred Minimum Experience
- One year experience and/or certification as a Medical Assistant
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) is required by the first day of employment.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Basic computer skills; Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care; Ability to multi-task essential; Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
- Strong detail orientation; Personal time management skills
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!