Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Urgent Care
About the Job
Wellstar Urgent Cares are looking for experienced CMAs & Lead CMA in the Camp Creek & Stockbridge area.
12 hour shifts with a weekend rotation.
Significant Sign-On Bonus offered for qualified experienced CMAs.
At Wellstar Health System, our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. Nationally ranked and locally recognized for our high-quality care, inclusive culture, and exceptional doctors and caregivers, Wellstar is one of the largest and one of the most integrated healthcare systems in Georgia.
At a time when our industry is changing rapidly, Wellstar remains committed to exceeding patients’, and team members’ expectations, while transforming healthcare delivery. We stand behind our values to serve with compassion, pursue excellence, and honor every voice.
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in the medical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. Performs other duties as necessary related to front office registration, laboratory testing, and radiology functions within a specialty setting.
Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential.
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date. Must complete the required OSHA training course for operators of radiology equipment within sixty days of hire.
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required. Radiology experience preferred, and/or will provide training within first sixty days.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred, and/or will provide training within first sixty days.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language,
- Optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!