Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Gynecologic Oncology
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms inadvance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in themedical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatricpopulations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
Required Minimum Certification
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date.
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!