Central Support Tech-Transport
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Centralized Support Technician will function as versatile employee that provides support to nursing units at Wellstar Hospitals by assisting with patient safety sitting, patient transports, room turnover that includes a full range of cleaning duties to assigned area, and assisting the nutrition and food services liaisons with patient meal delivery and retrieval. The Centralized Support Technician should assume the role of patient advocate providing world-class customer care in daily job duties as well as any additional duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Experience
- Two years healthcare experience preferred.
- Required Minimum Certification/Licensure: Must attend and successfully complete the WellStar Sitter Course within the first 30 days of employment.
- BLS preferred upon hire. Successful completion of BLS will be required within 30 days of hire.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Ability to hear and see alarms and digital readouts;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate with other healthcare providers in the provision of patient care;
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations is essential.
- Must be versatile in learning and able to perform various job duties on a daily basis.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!