Care Coordination Lead
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Care Coordination Lead
to join their Dynamic Team on Days!
The Care Coordination Lead is responsible for coordination and function of a team across the continuum during the
patient’s acute, chronic and long-term stages of illness for a defined patient population.
This includes utilization management, transitional care planning, psychosocial and functional status assessment, patient advocacy, educationfor the patient’s /family, and monitoring quality indicators to demonstrate outcomes for the team resulting from the
- Collaborates with all team members to provide a comprehensive assessment for the patient’s plan of
care, goal/outcome attainment and continued care needs.
The Care Coordination Lead will facilitate the patient admission flow and provide hands on support to the team in their
- Candidate will be responsible for overseeing floor / area workflow, training new hires, working on
process improvement with leaders as well as facilitate coverage for staff schedule, pulling data and metrics for their
team’s performance and updating dashboards, be a point of contact for team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education:
- ASN from an accredited school of nursing or Master Social Work.
Required Minimum Certification:
- If applying with an ASN -- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). Licensed Clinical Social Work preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of three years Clinical Care Practice/Experience in an acute care setting.
- An additional 2 years of case management experience in an acute care setting.
- Ability to organize and guide care coordination team functions.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Knowledge of Case Management process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in utilizing screening criteria in review of clinical data with respect to patients/clients’ needs for
- Ability to effect change, perform critical analysis, promote client/family autonomy and plan and organize effectively for the continuum of care.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!