Care Coordination Assistant
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an opportunity for a Care Coordination Assistant
The Care Coordination Assistant supports the UM Nurse, Social Workers and Complex Care RN with nonlicensee type task and functions within the department to ensure patient throughput remains timely. Is responsible for selected functions related to Advance Directives, Utilization Review and Disposition Planning.
The Care Coordination Assistant’s responsibility is to support the Care Coordinators and patients requesting assistance with advance directives, DME, Medication pick up, delivery of MOON (Medicare Outpatient Observation Notification), transition of care items, delivery of IMFM (Important Message from Medicare), and other duties as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for communication with the patient/family and entire care team on a timely basis.
Shift- Part-Time Weekend
Required Minimum Education
- High School Graduate or LPN diploma from an accredited school
Required Minimum Certification
- If LPN, valid licensure in state of Georgia
- A minimum of 3 years work experience working with customers/clients and strong clerical background. Strong computer skills and Microsoft office products
- Professional organizational, Excel verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to interact appropriately with patients from various backgrounds
- Must be able to build and sustain trust with the physician and the care team
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!