About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Cardiovascular Technologist II is a professional primarily specializing in assisting during diagnostic and therapeutic invasive cardiovascular procedures. He/she assists the physician during the procedures and operates specialized equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The CVT II is responsible for maintaining sterile technique during procedures and assisting the Cath Lab Manager in the maintenance of a safe and efficient environment dealing primarily with adults eighteen to sixty-five, and geriatric patients over the age of sixty-five.
Required Minimum Education
- The CVTII in the Cardiac Cath Lab may be a licensed practical nurse, Radiologic Technologist, Respiratory Therapist, EMT/paramedic, or graduate of an accredited CVT program
- RCIS preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 1 year cardiac Cath lab with coronary intervention and/or EP experience
- Knowledge of coronary heart disease, cardiac anatomy and physiology, and radiological procedures
- Must be adept at interpretation of EKGs and hemodynamics
- Ability to work within a team environment with individuals of varying abilities and responsibilities
- Must be able to interact with physicians during emergencies and assist them with interpretation of data collected
- Able to handle emergency/stressful situations
- Must have good communication skills
Required Minimum Skills
- Knowledge of invasive cardiac monitoring, coronary heart disease, cardiac H&P, and radiologic procedures
- Current BCLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!