Behavioral Health Counselor
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Fulltime, Day shift Saturday - Tuesday (10 hour shift) | Behavioral Health Resource Unit| Atlanta Medical Center
Exciting opportunity for a counselor to join a progressive multidisciplinary treatment team. The social worker will provide acute psychiatric and substance abuse services at a private inpatient psychiatric facility. We treat adult and geriatric patients. We are a fast paced, team-oriented, learning environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth and development. We are seeking bright and well-trained individuals to join our social work team.
The counselors are responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Provide individual, group and family solutions-focused interventions using appropriate therapeutic techniques and models.
- Participate in treatment team to discuss the patient’s treatment plan, progression, and deficits.
- Works with the treatment team to provide solutions for complex cases (i.e. Behavioral Health and/or barriers to discharge).
- Work with Psych MD to manage the legal status (Voluntary and Involuntary) and documentation for both units.
- Work with treatment team to complete necessary 1021 paperwork required for continued inpatient stay requests.
The ideal candidate has previous experience with psychiatric inpatient short-term hospitalization. Will consider candidates that have other mental health experience.
Medical Specialty: Psychiatry, Inpatient Adult and Geriatric Mental Health Units
Alternating Holidays, 4 days (ten hours shifts)
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday or Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (CURRENT NEED)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and a demanding workload.
- Demonstrated strong communication and customer service skills, problem-solving, critical thinking, & clinical judgment abilities.
Required Minimum Education
Candidates should hold a Masters degree in professional counseling from a CACREP accredited program. It is preferred that candidates possess active licensure as a clinical social worker or professional counselor in the state of Georgia.
Required Minimum Experience
No less than 3 years of experience working with adult populations. It is preferred that candidates have some experience working with cancer patients, or at least individuals with other complex medical and health-related problems.
Required Minimum Skills
Broad understanding of and willingness to facilitate the goals of the Oncology Service Line; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; capacity to think abstractly and develop innovative services that can better meet organizational and patient needs; general knowledge of health-related behaviors; specific interest in cancer and willingness to seek additional training experiences to further enhance counseling support services; basic technological capabilities in Word, Powerpoint, Excel; public speaking skills; ability to independently manage schedule and appropriately initiate peer support with colleagues in related fields
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!