About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The position works under the supervision of the Director, Sports Medicine (Physician) and the Head Athletic Trainer.
Provides athletic training services to student-athletes at designated high school and in accordance with the Georgia
Practice Act. Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of
the responsibilities, functions and structure of the department and of the larger institution. Works independently in
organizing and prioritizing work, ensuring procedures, systems and orderly and timely flow of work through the office
with the Residency Program Director. Works independently in organizing and prioritizing sports medicine care at
designated high school. Makes decisions within prescribed limits of authority, in the absence of the Director, Sports
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from an accredited college or university.
Required Minimum Experience: None required; Minimum 2 years’ experience in outreach setting preferred.
Required Minimum Certification: Certified by National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification. Current
Georgia Licensed Athletic Trainer. Current BLS and use of AED.
Required Minimum Skills: Ability to follow and interpret departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
• Provide athletic training services for practices and home athletic contests.
• Provide athletic training services for away varsity football games.
• Provide athletic training services for playoff contests (home and away).
• Act as a liaison between department Director, team physicians, student-athletes, coaches, athletic directors,
fellow athletic trainers, and parents.
• Maintain injury/treatment log for student-athletes and submit periodic reports to department Director as
• Development and oversight of high school student athletic trainers.
• Attend any in-service activities/monthly meetings offered through assigned WellStar hospital
• Secure, stock, and maintain a clean and organized Athletic Training Room.
• Maintain inventory of supplies.
• Promote athletic and sports safety in the community and assist Medical Director/Head Athletic Trainer with
implementation of all aspects of program.
Participates in professional development activities and maintains licensure and other professional affiliations.
• Plan and implement Physicals for student athletes in conjunction with assigned schools, hospital, and physicians as determined by WellStar facility
For Direct Patient Care positions, Indicate American Heart Association or American Academy of Pediatrics certification required: BLS (Basic Life Support)
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!