Sr. District Fleet Maintenance Manager, Ft Worth, Tx
About the Job
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position will be in Ft. Worth, Tx. relocation will be offered for the right candidate
What’s in it for you:
- You will inherit a great established Maintenance Team.
- Career Advancement
- Great Compensation and Benefits Package
- WM’s committed to maintenance excellence
Why Waste Management:
DRIVEN BY OUR COMMITMENTS, GUIDED BY OUR VALUES, In the simplest terms, our values come down to this: Do the Right Thing. The Right Way. This idea sets the standard for our fundamental commitments and core values and guides our daily actions and decisions. https://www.wm.com/us/en/inside-wm/who-we-are
Awards & Recognitions
From internal initiatives to caring for the environment, Waste Management is recognized time and time again for our achievements in safety, business practices, diversity and sustainability. https://www.wm.com/us/en/inside-wm/who-we-are/awards
The Sr. District Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
- Providing direction and oversite for our Fort Worth, Tx location
- You will be responsible for managing a group of 20 employees to include Technicians (all levels), Operations Specialist(s) and other supporting staff members.
- You will lead, implement and monitor maintenance policies, procedures and cost to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to Waste Management equipment
- Responsible for maintenance of 130 primary and secondary Assets (Trucks/Containers/Machinery) to include trucks, containers and other heavy-duty equipment
- Owns performance management metrics and employee development
- Partner with vehicle manufacturers to distribute fleet to business units and maintenance support
- Embed maintenance programming & process
- Supports delivery of warranty value targets and improves processing & recovery metrics
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience Managing a Large Fleet /Assets
- CNG Knowledge and experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles
- Experience overseeing the coordination, planning/ scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity
- Effectively managing department's overtime.
- Experience with managing up to 130+ total assets to include Trucks (Diesel and CNG), Containers, and machinery that supports the facility.
- Advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment (Preferred)
- Experience with maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and employees are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Direct supervision of 20 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.