Emergency Svcs Technician
Washington Hospital Center Washington, DC
About the Job
- Assists the Emergency Department nursing staff in providing basic nursing care to patient with non-acute, acute, and rapidly changing physical needs. Performs a variety of invasive and non-invasive procedures under the supervision of the nursing/medical staff.
- High school degree or GED diploma is required.
- May require up to l year of technical or other specialized training.
- The successful completion of a department inservice training program within the first six weeks of employment is required. Requires the ability to read and write; and knowledge of grammar, and arithmetic including fractions and decimals.
- May require the use of standard office/medical equipment (i.e., typewriter, personal computer, data terminal, on-line printer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, copier, sterilizing equipment, blood pressure cuff, or tables); the preparation, comparison or checking of reports, records and related data; and basic use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings and knowledge of their application.
- From 1 to 3 years clinical hospital or EMS experience required.
- Current EMT Certification and current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification, or attaining BLS certification within two (2) months of hire, are required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.