Writer/Producer- Newsroom Weekday Morning
About the Job
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer-CNN Newsroom Weekday Morning for the CNN Newsroom Weekday 9AM department.
- Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed.
- Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
- Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment.
- Handling logistics for production of packages-interviews (both arranging and conducting when necessary), shoots (including finding sites, securing crew and booking travel), video (choosing and/or cutting video and monitoring the editing of the piece as necessary).
- Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme.
- Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics.
- Coordinating all elements gathered for packages into coherent, compelling pieces that integrate the best video and the strongest words.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements.
- Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script.
- Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features.
- Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
- Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands