VP Media Relations
About the Job
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
WarnerMedia seeks a Vice President, Media Relations for the HBO General Inc.-Media Rel / Corp. Affairs Department.
The Vice President, Media Relations, West Coast will be responsible for overseeing the creation and execution of publicity campaigns to maximize media, industry and consumer awareness for HBO and HBO Max original programming.
- Create and execute strategic, effective publicity campaigns for HBO and HBO Max original programming. Manage project teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across WarnerMedia departments to maximize cross-functional strategy and awareness.
- Develop strong working relationships with creative talent, producers, and representatives.
- Identify opportunities, secure talent participation, and oversee events as needed, virtually or in person, including premieres, award shows, junkets, press conferences, conventions, film & television festivals.
- Create written materials, including talking points. Handle crisis communications.
- Manage direct reports and project budgets.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience working in entertainment publicity, with a deep understanding of the entertainment landscape and media trends.
- Strong contacts with press and within the media/entertainment industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to manage staff and build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be committed to the success of the team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands