Strategist, B/R Gaming Social Programming
About the Job
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist, Social Programming to be responsible for day-to-day management and content strategy for B/R Gaming across all social platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch and extensions to linear television.
They will meaningfully contribute to Gaming strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision, which includes both the B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE brands.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience growth and engagement, pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about video game culture.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the Gaming industry.
- Help run the day-to-day management across B/R Gaming's social platforms (social content, content packaging, event planning, community building).
- Specifically develop and lead social strategy on content packaging, hook writing, RSS and automation around Gaming
- Develop strategy to increase engagement across social channels with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
- Work closely with a shared team of programmers
- Utilize analytics to track and optimize growth and engagement across social channels
- Cover shift work as needed, especially around key tentpoles for the brand.
- This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon).
- Set social content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Gaming content across B/R social platforms
- Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity across social channels and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation
- Contribute to developing elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
- Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
- Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
- Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
- Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration.
- Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'.
- 3-5 years experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
- Extensive knowledge of video games, competitive gaming, and gaming culture
- Extensive knowledge of best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software, and opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
- Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
- Experience with analytics platforms preferred
- Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
- Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
- Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in video games is preferred
- Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet video game culture
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands