About the Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Accountant for the ABS - R2R Prg Prod Mkt department. The Marketing, Selling, and Sports Partnership functional accounting team, in Global Business Services, is responsible for the day-to-day accounting support of Domestic Legacy Turner, HBO, and HBO Max marketing costs.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Understands key variance drivers and can communicate them effectively.
- Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Global Business Services and stakeholders.
- 2+ years work experience in an accounting or finance field.
- Must have experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft.• Intermediate analytical skills.
- Internal/external audit or SOX compliance.
- Ability to solve complex problems while leveraging team member expertise.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Exemplifies the values and expectations of a Staff Accountant at WarnerMedia, which include a high level of executive presence, professionalism, ethical standards, integrity, and credibility.
- Independently gathers reliable and accurate data from a small number of sources for less complex analyses.
- Speaks and presents clearly and credibly to small audiences about less complex work product.
- Pays close attention to detail and understands written and oral instructions.
- Organizes and schedules work effectively.
- Demonstrates desire and ability to apply new concepts, skills, abilities and behaviors to everyday job with coaching from Manager.
- Can multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with ongoing change.
- Works independently and meet deadlines.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands