Sr Software Engineer
About the Job
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds - a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room!
NetherRealm is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on core technology for the Mortal Kombat franchise. As a senior software engineer in the KoreTech group, you will help us further extend and innovate key technology for our Unreal 4 based engine. You will utilize and extend your experience with a wide variety of engine tech, including memory management, animation, rendering, build tools, and more. The software engineer should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of a video game engine. Tasks will range from graphics and animation work to toolset development and parallelism.
- Work with gameplay programmers and designers to implement technical solutions to help them meet project design goals.
- Modify and extend core engine systems with a focus on future technology.
- Work with artists and designers to implement editor functionality and improve overall workflow for the team.
- Research and evaluate engine code to help identify and optimize bottlenecks.
- 5+ years game industry or related programming experience.
- Experience with some aspects of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, artist facing tools, build pipelines, and more.
- Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- Ability to architect, program and optimize C++ in existing or new systems with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
- Excellent C++ understanding and skills. The ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
- Experience working on AAA console titles (preferred)
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- A passion for video games.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.