Sr. Software Engineer
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
WarnerMedia is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. WarnerMedia is home to several world renowned brands with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, The Undoing®, Raised By Wolves®, Lovecraft Country®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Rick and Morty®, Friends®, Insecure®?and Sex and the City® and Kids & Family series such as Looney Tunes®, and Not Too Late Show with Elmo®. WarnerMedia is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. WarnerMedia offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia's Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
- Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
- Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
- Mentor junior engineers
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
- 4+ years of established track record implementing large-scale, high-quality software applications
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Expertise in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS Extensive experience implementing REST APIs in a microservice architecture
- Experience implementing message driven applications using AMQP or JMS
- Extensive hands-on experience developing Java 8 based Spring Boot applications
- Additional languages Node.js, Python, GOLang a plus
- Front-end experience with AngularJS or ReactJS
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications on AWS
- Knowledge of behavior-driven design and/or test-driven design and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools Jenkins and GIT. Kibana or AppDynamics experience a plus
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience