Sr. Royalty Reporting Analyst, Financial Contract
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Royalty Reporting Analyst, Financial Contract Reporting for the FCRA Residuals & Royalty Reporting department.
- The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing high dollar/complex/high visibility participations royalty statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art publishing system, WB's enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies.
- Read and understand abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation.
- Perform current and historical data analysis and verify that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements.
- The analysis work takes into consideration the patterns of publishing, film/television/other product, and agreements between WB Pictures, Animation, Television, Games, Alloy Publishing, and DC Comics.
- Research abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
- Review Analyst prepared statements/work product.
- Provide feedback to preparers to make changes and correct errors, as needed.
- Support ad-hoc and special projects including, but not limited to: identifying system enhancements, assisting in design and testing, presentations to management and staff, historical research and clean-up activities, address changing business needs with new processes / systems / tools / templates, identify and implement process improvement and automation on an on-going and continuous basis.
- Train other employees, research and answer questions from various stakeholders participate in Business Unit meetings to address questions, discuss process improvements and changing business needs.
- Bachelor's degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Information Systems preferred).
- 1 - 2 years previous experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment a plus.
- Experience with royalties, participations or residuals preferred.
- Publishing or entertainment industry related experience strongly preferred.
- Business analyst or financial analyst experience required .
- Experience with system implementations and testing preferred.
- Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Very strong to expert competency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in publishing software (ALFRED) preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required.
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks required.
- Ability to read and understand digests and abstracts and legal agreements.
- Strong math and algebra skills required.
- Must have ability for progressive responsibility within the organization.
- Should possess the ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including development, documentation, and delivery of training materials.
- Must be able to adapt and learn new technology.
- Must be a solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
- Must be able to understand and communicate with operational, financial, IT and executive personnel.
- Must be able to work independently to meet tight deadlines under fast paced environment with flexibility to changing priorities and work overtime, as needed.
- Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter.
- Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands