Sr. Project Mgr, Platform Tech Ops
About the Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Project Manager, Platform Tech Ops for the Program Execution department.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for coordinating the day to day for a platform operations team. This group is responsible for providing a dedicated and consistent model for supporting, operating, and monitoring all of our Digital Platform Products. Specifically, this team manages intake, product/workflow adoption, live event management, and quality for our large-scale video platform (i.e. stream, player/client, service, mobile, data and entitlement products). They closely partner with technical leads, developers and technical product managers to ensure success. Your role will be responsible for ensuring that the scope, deliverables, timelines and events are met by managing all aspects of a project life cycle including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships, and team leadership. This is accomplished through effective communication and facilitation skills, risk analysis, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Facilitate sprint ceremonies including daily scrums, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc. across multiple teams and projects
- The Project Manager will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with the development teams to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software.
- Produce sprint artifacts (burndowns, velocity charts, etc) to be able to accurately communicate team progress.
- Produce operational artifacts (diagrams, workflows, guidelines, runbooks, technical documentation, etc) in order to be able to accurately communicate process, designs, event management, deployments.
- Identify and appropriately escalate risks.
- Facilitate large meetings including technical, brand, vendor, and executives.
- Create project charter and scope, phases, tasks, assignments, dependencies, and target dates.
- Determine resource roles needed and work with management to secure project team members.
- Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed to ensure successful implementation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams ranging from management to platform teams and clients) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of complex products at the heart of WarnerMedia's business, both US-Domestic and Internationally.
- Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our products as we scale and continue to develop.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with the client that spans all project teams and processes that impact the product from end to end. acceptance criteria.
- Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
- Independently act as a liaison between executive stakeholder and client group.
- Own brand relationships and managing / tracking dev team progress
- M-F/9-5 EST type role with extended hours as needed during crunch times and live events
- Assist with management of project and request intake as well as general operational support related needs
- 4+ years of project/operations management skills
- 4+ years Scrum experience, with at least two as ScrumMaster (CSM strongly desired)
- 3+ years technical experience (e.g. as software developer, business analyst)
- Ability to create operational process and guidelines
- Expert in agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment (technical writing experience a plus)
- Ability to successfully multitask across teams, clients, domains
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Some technical acumen in the ability to understand development details
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Experience with large scale projects
- Passionate about advocating client needs
- Ability to function in high pressure environment
- Working closely with many other development and engineering team(s) to coordinate work
- Excellent communication
- Proactive, organized and documentation focused
- Ability to recognize when a strategic vs tactical view point is needed
Submit to job Save Refer
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands