Sr. Mgr, Marketing (Acquisition Strategy)
About the Job
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.?WarnerMedia's streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features?fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including?Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.?HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more?than?50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information?at HBOMax.com.
HBO Max is looking for a detail-oriented, data driven individual who thrives in a fast paced, Agile environment to join the Growth marketing team. The Sr. Manager, Acquisition Strategy is essential in overseeing and leading the Acquisition testing pod and day-to-day operational workflows of paid media campaigns to optimize and drive quality trialists and subscribers to sign up for the platform. He/She will coordinate with our media agency, paid media channel leads, design, campaign planning, editorial, and external partners to ensure campaigns are launched on time, continue to test and learn against our core KPIs, and improve the efficiency of our media campaigns.
- Identify holistic user-journey test opportunities across paid media, dotcom and buy-flow.
- Plan, organize, activate, and lead ideation and quality control of daily processes for activation and testing.
- Drive test and learn agenda, build test briefs and work with channel leads to execute test campaign structures.
- Lead process to interpret results and translate into scaled roll-out plans, as well as support the ongoing build-out of the learning roadmap.
- Guide and track delivery of ongoing optimization pipeline, run daily stand-ups and find ways to unblock issues across functions.
- Maintain ongoing documentation such as test backlogs & project roadmaps.
- Work closely with retention, engagement and partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-6 years of experience in a media strategy and product marketing role within an advertising/marketing organization.
- Expert knowledge of digital media (Social, Display, Search) and down-funnel performance for complex digitally-focused acquisition marketing campaigns ideally for a direct to consumer product.
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and use insights to inform marketing campaigns and make recommendations.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple project deliverables accurately, on-track, and remain accountable to deadlines.
- Extreme attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency but calmness in completing tasks.
- Express oneself clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially.
- Collaborate, develop, and present POVs and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team across disciplines.
- Knowledge of ad technology and digital media/measurement platforms (e.g., SA360, Google Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Optimizely).
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly with short lead time.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands