Sr Director, Talent Relations
About the Job
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Senior Director, Talent Relations
Bleacher Report is looking for an individual to oversee the Bleacher Report Talent Relations team. The BR Senior Director of Talent will be charged with developing a strategic plan for recruiting, cultivating, and retaining on-camera talent, as well as providing leadership and oversight to working with key sports figures, influencers, agents, and leagues.
- Manage the internal BR talent services team, providing day-to-day leadership over all talent related activities, including contract negotiations and management, schedules, special requests, and budgeting.
- Enhance relationships with key contacts, including talent agencies/bookers, agents, players, celebrities, influencers, and leagues to help bolster access and familiarity with the BR brand.
- Conduct ongoing contract negotiations, budget planning and long-range strategic talent relations planning.
- Contribute to on-camera talent development by providing regular feedback on performances and growth opportunities.
- Interface with senior leadership to evaluate and contribute to overarching business goals.
- Mentor talent services junior staff as to develop a team with strong talent management skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate efforts for talent, player, and celebrity requests across all BR platforms.
- Build collaborations across WarnerMedia divisions, including sports, news, HBO, AT&T etc. to help leverage resources and opportunities.
- 12+ years of experience in the talent relations arena within the sports and/or entertainment industry with key relationships and connections.
- Proven track record of success in identifying, recruiting, and cultivating notable on-camera talent and influencers.
- Experienced leader with dynamic communication and negotiation skills; must have direct experience managing an internal team.
- Creative and flexible manager with a keen understanding of motivating staff as well as internal and external on-camera talent.
- Deep understanding of both sports & pop culture, as well as execution of talent plans for dynamic content creation.
- Well-known reputation within the sports and/or entertainment industry with a wealth of key contacts.
- The full-time position is based in the BR New York office; travel may be required for business-related events and meetings.
- Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet sports culture
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands