Sr Artist, UI (Mobile)
About the Job
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a UI/Visual Designer to work with the Mobile User Interface team to create and maintain high quality assets for Mobile Gaming. The UI/Visual Designer is responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. The candidate will work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for Mobile game titles. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The UI/Visual Designer must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Working with other UI/Visual Designers, as well as Art Directors, Producers, Programmers, UX designers, and Game designers, the UI/Visual Designer will help design and shape the visual and interactive aspects of the game's interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimizations and developing new techniques for visual display and information presentation.
- 5+ years professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art with a strong portfolio.
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces on at least one published game, mobile preferred
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Previous game mobile development
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator, AfterEffects a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Experience using Unreal Engine or other game engine a plus.
- Experience with 3D a bonus
- Strong traditional art skills a bonus
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's right
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.