Sports Research T3
About the Job
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sports Research T3 for the Sports Mkting & Digital Rsch department. The T3 internship in Sports Research is a unique opportunity to work with some of the biggest sports brands in the world! Using data and personal knowledge about sports, this role will support the creation of research tactics, insights and storylines surrounding sports programming and sports consumers. This is an opportunity to learn about consumer attitudes and behavior and to help generate knowledge points on emerging sports and new content platforms. The T3 will have the opportunity to work with colleagues on all levels in the areas we support including marketing, programming, PR and digital products. If you are interested in blending and building your passion and knowledge of sports with an analytical approach to business questions this will be an exciting opportunity for you!
- Coordinating with Programming and the NY Research team to input program schedules and other critical information into the MY Events database.
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from primary and secondary sources for daily and ad hoc reporting
- Using software applications (such as: Nielsen, myEVNTS, Arianna, MRI, Star Media, etc.) to extract information and insights on programs and consumers
- Creating presentations and other documents for data visualization
- Contributing sports knowledge and analytical expertise during department meetings and strategy sessions
- This position reports to the Senior Manager, Turner Sports Marketing and Programming Research.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Must be within 2 years post graduation from a undergraduate or graduate degree program
- 6 months to 2 years of work experience or a relevant internship is preferred
- Ability to master new software and technology
- Must have strong math skills
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Nielsen software is a plus
- Previous experience in Programming or Ad Sales Research is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in sports is a must
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands