About the Job
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games NY is looking to hire a Solutions Engineer (temporary) for its studio in Troy, NY. The Solutions Engineer will be a key member of the WB Games central tech team (WB Games New York - WBNY), serving as a technical point of contact for all development teams leveraging WBNY's online service platform (Hydra Studio).
Candidates should have an engineering background, as our products are built by engineers, for engineers. You will need to be able to understand and explain our products to some of the best game development engineers in the industry.
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in technology, and for someone who can take that background in technology and feel comfortable communicating concepts, both verbally and in written format to other developers.
This is a long term (up to 2 years) temporary position that is eligible for most company benefits. Location is flexible, candidate can be based in the Needham MA or Troy NY studio.
- Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around online service integration for games and developing a deep expertise in the Hydra Studio platform as well as broad know-how around how games and online services are constructed using the Hydra Studio platform.
- You will write and review code for our game services, and our game clients.
- You will be expected to maintain and create implementation documentation.
- Analyze customers' requirements and suggest existing Hydra Studio features to meet their requirements. This will include regularly using Hydra Studio, digging in with the exact Hydra Studio API endpoints being used by your customers, and using your technical background to suggest the most efficient way to integrate with the Hydra Studio API.
- Train customers associated with your account(s) to use the Hydra Studio platform effectively. Your customers will be game developers and engineers, so a level of comfort communicating and collaborating with other developers is required.
- Regularly review the Hydra Studio API usage patterns of your customers throughout an individual game's lifecycle. Use these API reviews to ensure customers are following Hydra Studio best practices, align with the technical design you've provided, and are safely prepared to launch to the public.
- Assist with challenging level-one technical support requests and issue escalations as needed. Address all account-related queries in a timely fashion.
- Provide internal WBNY development team with customers' feedback to help identify potential new Hydra Studio features or products.
- Develops relationships across own team and with peers on other teams for the purpose of enhancing knowledge and visibility of broader development process. Actively shares knowledge through peer mentoring and informal teachings. Learns from and receives guidance from more experienced employees.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building or using a REST API or other web services.
- Experience in Game development and UE4 strongly preferred.
- Programming skills in C++ and C# (we also use Python and node)
- General understanding of game development disciplines and their inputs into online service development.
- Aptitude for quickly learning new techniques and technologies. Consistently provides quality support of these technologies within the expected time frame.
- Ability to communicate concepts, verbally or in written format, to other developers.
- Familiarity with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira).
- Performs most job-related duties with minimal supervision.
- Takes initiative in pursuing new assignments. May pursue new assignments and identify tasks