About the Job
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
WarnerMedia Technology is looking for a Project Manager with excellent leadership, software development, and client management skills to build a world class team to deliver and support solutions for the WW Theatrical Marketing & Distribution division.
The Project Manager, will be responsible for a portfolio of business applications and for managing contract support resources. The Manager will be responsible for executing projects, planning resources, leading project teams, managing budgets and timelines, and monitoring and reporting progress and issues. The resource will be responsible for contributing technical and software development expertise to projects, capable of gathering requirements, designing, developing and delivering solutions. The resource will be responsible for providing support for the business applications in the portfolio, partnering with business users to address their operational needs and communicating regularly with senior leadership within the business and across the WarnerMedia technology organization. The position will collaborate with multiple business units, technology groups, and vendor teams to deliver and operate technology solutions.
We are looking for someone who fits our culture and Operating Guidelines
- Be Curious enough to understand and investigate what is possible.
- Be accountable and responsible and have an "Own It" kind of attitude
- Help make change and help others Embrace Change. It is the new normal.
- End user computing is one of the most critical areas for end user. Help be the change by Engaging and Influencing our global workforce
- Be a part of a dynamic team where we work together and support each other because we are One Tech, One WB. Think about the actions you take and how they impact co-workers, other technology departments, and the studio.
- Exhibits Respect and empathy for all, operating with the best intent, is helpful to colleagues
- Act as single point of contact for a project assigned. Resolve issues that are raised: trouble-shooting, escalating, and communicating with business users and technical support teams until issues are resolved.
- Work directly with business users to discover requirements, formulate options, and recommend solutions to meet the business needs. Maintain collaborative and partner relationships with business users.
- Manage a specific project. Lead single project and support initiatives, manage budgets and timelines, track issues and risks, monitor progress and provide status to senior leadership.
- Build, configure, and deliver technology solutions to meet specific needs of a project. Act as a technology advocate, seeking out opportunities to leverage existing and emerging technologies to the benefit of the business.
- Act as a representative of the BTWS Theatrical group, participating in Warner Bros. company, WarnerMedia Technology, and BTWS initiatives. Develop cross functional, cross divisional, cross disciplinary relationships that assist with ensuring initiatives are collaborative and successful.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Technical background in system and software architecture, design, and development required
- Technical Degree in Electrical Eng., Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred
- 3-5 years building and leading technical teams
- 3-5 years of experience in portfolio and project management and solution delivery
- 3-5 years of experience in client relationship management and business analysis
- 3-5 years of experience developing solutions using waterfall, Agile and/or DevOps development methodologies, experience with on-premise and cloud hosting environments, system and software architecture, and modern software development tools.
- 3+ years of experience developing solutions for Theatrical Distribution and Marketing or other business divisions within a media and entertainment studio.
- 5 years of experience delivering large scale software solutions and platforms.
- Functional knowledge, skills, and experience in the following areas:
- Project management - coordination, planning, and execution, managing the day to day activities of project teams with onsite and offshore members.
- Client relationship management - a trusted technology adviser
- Collaboration and communication skills to foster partnerships across the WarnerMedia and WB Technology organizations and with external providers and vendors.
- Business analysis and functional design
- Technology assessment and application
- Proposal development - includes developing the business case, assessing cost/benefit and ROI.
- Theatrical Distribution and Theatrical Marketing business knowledge, experience
- Technical knowledge, skills, and experience in the following areas:
- Large scale and/or enterprise software design and development
- Development methodologies including waterfall and continuous delivery (e.g. DevOps)
- Cloud & serverless architecture - AWS S3, AWS Glue, Python, Snowflake, RDS
- Java (J2EE) and/or .Net and web application development
- Business intelligence tools and practices
- Report development - SAP Business Objects, Oracle, Tableau
- RDBMS procedure, query and report development: PL/SQL, MSSQL
- RPA development
- Public/Private cloud architectures
- Testing methodologies and automation
- System implementation & operations
- Vendor management including offshore team management
- Financial systems experience (SAP, Oracle)
- Theatrical Distribution system experience, a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong listening skills and open to feedback
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
- Must be able to work well under time constraints
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
- Must be service-oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality