Producer, Dev - Audio Original Series
About the Job
CNN Audio - We are your ears to the ground.
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
The Producer of Development, Original Series serves as a liaison for external companies/producers, managing proposals, briefs, and pitches for the team, as well as ensuring all content meets CNN standards. The Producer will also help develop and pilot future internal series, working in close collaboration with the team's design strategist. S/he might assist in the production of podcast created by internal teams.
- Help manage production, post-production, and program distribution for external series and acquisitions, ensuring all projects meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
- Ensure projects are on schedule via production calendar.
- Listen to all cuts of external episodes and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
- Produce internal pilots, both paper and audio cuts for listener feedback.
- Coordinate with original series team to ensure smooth handoff between development and production.
- Prepare promotional decks for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create social media messaging along with marketing team for external projects.
What you'll need to be successful
- You must have a strong understanding of the audio landscape and previous experience producing successful podcast series.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of editorial experience in an audio-first news environment.
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities.
- Strong understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands