Producer 1 - Inside Politics with John King
About the Job
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Producer I, Newsroom 12pm for the CNN Newsroom Weekday 12PM department.
- Booking panels and newsmakers for a one-hour program and coordinating logistics (car travel, guestbook, makeup, etc.)
- Conducting pre-interviews over the phone, keeping panelists up to date on topics and relevant research.
- Pitching new voices to join the show.
- Booking quickly in breaking news situations.
- Working on future bookings.
- 3+ years of news production experience.
- A strong knowledge of politics and current events --plus an aptitude for talent development.
- The ability to multi-task and execute quickly.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Awareness of guests/panelists political leanings.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple guests and to develop long-term relationships
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands