Manager, Planning and Analysis
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Media is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Led by Ann Sarnoff, the Studios & Networks group includes an unmatched collection of world-class brands and creators that covers all entertainment content across Warner Media. This brings Warner Bros.' divisions including the motion pictures and television studios, DC, gaming, Wizarding World, kids/young adults/classics (Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang, TCM, Cartoon Network Studios, WB Animation), and consumer products, together with HBO, HBO Max, TBS, TNT and truTV. All in the same place, to work together across titles, brands and franchises.
The Financial Planning & Analysis department (FP&A) manages the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media Studios including Actual and Plan cycles (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Range Plan). As part of this process, FP&A is responsible for film cost computation, financial statement preparation and variance analysis submitted to Warner Media.
Warner Media Studios seeks a Manager, Planning and Analysis to join the FP&A team. This individual would be responsible for the consolidation, reporting and analysis of the by-title P&L for assigned business units for actual and plan periods as well as assisting with system administration, report development, process tracking and special projects. In addition to consolidation of P&L Activity this role will be responsible of review and analysis of the ultimates submission by the Worldwide Television groups. The Financial Planning & Analysis department is responsible for consolidation, film costs computation and financial statement preparation and analysis for Studios & Networks as submitted to senior management, WarnerMedia and various outside parties.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the Worldwide Television divisional workpapers with film cost calculated by-title for actuals and all monthly update, forecast and budget cycles. Includes analyzing by-title revenue/costs and the identifying issues and open items.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the cause of change for Worldwide Television including key drivers, explanations and film cost allocation for actuals and all planning cycles.
- Prepare and analyze divisional by-title gross profit reports to assist in the preparation of management schedules and submission to WarnerMedia.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial outlook submission to WarnerMedia.
- Prepare and analyze management schedules and WarnerMedia deliverables (theatrical/television availabilities, drivers, challenge tracking, gross vs.net revenue, sister company distribution, imputed interest breakdown, etc).
- Prepare management schedules identifying and detailing significant performance drivers related to divisional activity for actuals vs forecast/budget.
- Responsible for the preparation and compilation of Worldwide Television's long-range plan submission, which includes collecting the business unit financials via templates and outputting the data for broader consolidation. Present an overview of the business unit submission to FP&A executives and other team members.
- Assist in the preparation of the management review binder for the long-range plan, which includes various schedules to initially help analyze business unit performance and ultimately publish key metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of the Statement of Operations and related financial reports. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
- Analyze the divisional submission for sister company reporting for HBO, HBO Max, Kids & Classics and Turner East to ensure accurate recording of revenue to the correct trading partner and calculation of divisional participation expense.
- Research and respond to inquiries from business units as well as management from both Studios & Networks and WarnerMedia.
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in an accounting/forecasting or related environment required
- Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field required.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required (creating spreadsheets, pivot tables, v-lookups, macros)
- SAP BW/BPS experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the "big picture" while also maintaining strong detail orientations.
- Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices (GAAP) and financial statements
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands