Manager, Multicultural Marketing
About the Job
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Looking for a dynamic, self-motivated marketing professional to join our team of culture experts. The Multicultural Marketing team at HBO is responsible for placing our programming and brand in a cultural context. Our culture-first approach requires an individual with an appetite for discovering and engaging with emerging cultures, subcultures, and cultural influencers. We're looking for someone who is naturally inquisitive and has a keen interest in what shapes and defines culture across a spectrum of communities.
This position reports directly into the Director of Multicultural Marketing and supports efforts by devising new, innovative, and engaging ways to reach multicultural audiences both in support of HBO and HBO Max programming and as an ongoing evergreen effort.
- Day-to-day campaign management, including but not limited to reading scripts, developing briefs, managing budgets and timelines, providing insight on media placement
- Provide strategic recommendations on campaign concepts and execution from start to finish
- Manage multiple external agencies in development of high-impact promotional campaigns
- Liaise with various internal departments (Branding, Legal/Business Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Communications, etc.) to ensure cohesive collaboration and promotional plans are executed in an efficient and timely manner
- Manage research and data across multicultural landscape to provide insights for campaign development
- Analyze paid media placement data points to identity and recommend changes to optimize performance
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience, preferably at a media or entertainment company or marketing agency developing promotional and experiential campaigns
- Knowledge of linear and streaming entertainment landscape, as well as digital and social media spaces
- Strong understanding of paid media landscape and related data
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively
- Collaborative team player with strong initiative yet able to work independently as needed