Line Producer - Dayside
About the Job
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Producer for the CNN Newsroom Dayside team.
- The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements.
- The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room.
- Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
- This specific role will serve as flexible support for multiple shows, and provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate who enjoys variation.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast.
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.
- This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands