Jr Associate Software Engineer
About the Job
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds - a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room!
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Junior Associate Software Engineer to work closely with the award-winning technology team behind the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises building cutting-edge technology and powering the development of NetherRealm's next generation of console games. This is a 9 month fixed-term contract.
As part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both tools specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
- Modify and extend core engine/game systems with a focus on future technology.
- Port engine/game code to new platforms, and integrate/maintain our key engine/game systems
- Work with artists and designers to implement gameplay features, editor functionality, and improve overall workflow for the team.
- Under direction of the team leads, work with the engine/game code to help identify and optimize bottlenecks.
- Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- Experience developing engine tools for 3D games for a console (preferred).
- Experience working with artists and collecting requirements (preferred).
- Familiarity with the workings of 3D design tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc.) (preferred).
- Working knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Working knowledge of C++. We are looking for people with a good understanding of the language, and an appreciation for object-oriented architecture.
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- A passion for video games.
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment.
- Highly motivated to build easy to use, robust tools.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands