Journeyman HVAC Technician (Swing Shift)
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Facilities Inc. seeks a Journeyman HVAC Technician for the Air Conditioning department. We are looking to employ an HVAC technician who is self-motivated with advanced troubleshooting skills, and excellent organizational skills. The HVAC technician will often work alone, and responsible for overseeing, and servicing a diverse range of HVAC systems serving sound stages, back lot facades, data centers, post-production, production, and non-production buildings.
- Monitor and ensure air conditioning systems serving sound stages, back lot facades, tech spaces and office buildings are operating within design parameters.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults related to HVAC equipment.
- Complete assigned service work orders, or other assignments as directed by supervisors.
- Perform preventative maintenance work orders on HVAC equipment per OEM O&M manuals.
- Provide excellent customer service by supporting A/C department personnel, in addition to other WBSO Departments.
- Work schedule is Monday-Friday from 3:30pm-12am.
- Accredited HVAC journeyman certification.
- Advanced experience with built-up central plants which include centrifugal chillers, screw chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air handlers, VFD's, electronic control valves, etc.
- Experience with field adjustments, and calibration of field control devices such as current transducers, pressure differential switches, flow proofs (both paddle & electronic design type).
- Experience with air distribution systems which include variable air volume boxes, pneumatic controls, and air balancing.
- Proficient in reading wiring schematics and blueprints.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years journey level experience and willingness to continue education in the HVAC field.
- Experience with building automation controls, i.e., heating/cooling set-point changes, implementing operating schedules, setting up trends, generate trended data reports, etc.
- Universal EPA Certification.
- Ability to work after-hours and weekends when necessary.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of this position (overhead tools and equipment lifting, working on ladders, rooftops, attics, and crawl spaces).
- Qualified candidate must be willing to join the Local 40 union.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Union wage (IBEW 40).
- Union Benefits.