Growth Manager, Underscored
About the Job
Our Story We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
The CNN Business Development and Partnerships team creates new ways of driving incremental revenue and audience across all platforms for CNN Digital Worldwide. The commerce team specifically focuses on generating revenue from digital transactions via our product reviews and recommendations website, CNN Underscored.
As the Growth Manager supporting the Commerce team, your time would be dedicated to the growth of CNN Underscored. This role is responsible for setting the strategy and owning the execution of CNN Underscored's audience acquisition efforts. The Growth Manager will manage, execute and scale acquisition campaigns across channels - with a strong focus on SEM and paid social. This role sits within Audience Development and requires working cross-functionally with other internal departments to optimize the customer journey and drive profitable growth.
- Lead the development of an acquisition program for CNN Underscored, including conducting competitive and opportunity analyses, building account structures, creating cross-channel campaign strategies and budget planning.
Own end-to-end execution of campaigns, including implementation, performance tracking and budget management.
- Create and maintain an ROI tracker for all campaign efforts, with keen insight into the customer journey and factors impacting long-term profitable growth.
- Regularly communicate topline campaign trends and budget pacing with leadership, creating automated regular reports and ad hoc presentations.
- Make ongoing optimizations to creative strategy, channel placement and operational processes.
- Identify and experiment with new sources of customer acquisition through emerging platforms, partners, strategies and channels to drive growth.
- Lead the coordination of digital assets and manage the content promoted across campaigns.
- Work closely with the broader Commerce team around Business Development led initiatives and major tentpole events (i.e. Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day).
- 6+ years of experience managing audience acquisition or growth marketing campaigns; previous affiliate or ecommerce experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree (or higher).
- Strong understanding of marketing and growth fundamentals with a proven track record of managing budgets across channels to drive profitable growth at scale.
- Expert in Facebook Ads and Google Ads with a strong understanding of best practices as it relates to campaign structures, creative strategy and conversion optimization.
- Highly analytical, comfortable working with data, setting up models and dashboards.
- Experience with web analytics, A/B testing and email marketing.
- Strong understanding of attribution models.
- Ability to build and manage agency relationships.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented with a genuine interest in analyzing data to measure performance and identify trends.
- Passionate about the digital space with an entrepreneurial spirit, must be open to constant change and comfortable building new processes.
- Results oriented, self-motivated and comfortable leading projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator and competent public speaker with the ability to present to small and large groups.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands