Financial Analyst / Sr Financial Analyst, Contract
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
In finance at WarnerMedia, we pride ourselves in helping others understand financial decisions, while being trusted business advisors. Our finance teams take a creative approach to data and communication to ensure our partners and leaders have reliable and up to date information to equip them to make the best possible decisions. If you have a strong interest in media, finance, and analytics or a desire to become an expert in the industry, come join one of the most well-known brands in the industry.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks Financial Analysts / Sr Financial Analysts for the Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration TV Participations department. The FCRA Participations department handles contractual reporting to talent and co-production companies on film, television, digital, games, and new media libraries. It's an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn many aspects of the company---from production to initial film release through all downstream channels of distribution. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program.
- Prepare participations statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art Participations system, WB's enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies. Read and understands abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation. Perform first level review of statements prepared by other Financial Analysts.
- Perform current and historical data analysis and verifying that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements. The analysis work takes into consideration the windowing and release patterns of film/television/other product, distribution cost trends analysis, etc. Research abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
- Support ad-hoc and special projects, including, but not limited to system testing.
- Attend technical and conceptual training sessions and cross-divisional forums as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Economics).
- 1 - 3 years previous experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment a plus.
- Business analyst or financial analyst experience a plus.
- Public or private audit and/or consulting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP vs. cash-based accounting principles a plus.
- Participations and/or entertainment industry experience a plus.
- Experience with system implementations and testing a plus.
- Experience in a large corporate environment a plus.
- Strong to expert competency with MS Excel and Word required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand legal agreements.
- Must be able to adapt and learn new technology.
- Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
This is not a posting for an open role but rather to proactively identify candidates for future openings. If you wish to join our talent network, please submit your resume to this posting and if you meet the qualifications, a recruiter will contact you to discuss your interest in WarnerMedia.