Executive Producer - 9am
About the Job
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks an Executive Producer for the CNN Newsroom Weekday 9AM department.
- Executive Producers at CNN oversee all aspects of their newscast.
- They are responsible for overseeing the team of producers, copy editors, writers, associate producers and support teams in order to deliver the highest quality production in the most efficient manner.
- They work with newsgathering and guide them on story interest and elements needed to support their storytelling.
- The EP is in constant communication with the show teams and senior management on production quality, performance and execution.
- An Executive Producer must be editorially mature and acutely aware of story context.
- They must display knowledge of international and domestic news stories and be able to create a complete and smooth newscast.
- Each EP must have demonstrated their ability to lead a team and challenge them to reach the highest level possible and deliver compelling newscasts in a consistent fashion.
- They are the control room leader and must be able to make immediate decisions and execute them utilizing the right tools and people to make it happen.
- EP's should have a college degree, 7-10 years of major market experience with demonstrated success in managing teams and delivering high quality programming.
- The EP must be able to write new stories and efficiently vet information and research.
- The EP must be able to support CNN mission to be the leader in television journalism throughout the 24 hour/7 day a week programming.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands