Director, Marketing Solutions
About the Job
It's a bird...it's a plane...it's our next Director, Marketing Solutions for the Content Partnerships team!
WarnerMedia Entertainment Marketing is seeking a highly motivated, strong creative, storyteller to lead the development and execution of marketing materials, sales collateral, high concept and bespoke IP-led marketing programs, and cross-portfolio pitches.
The desired candidate is a strategic marketer who specializes in storytelling, effectively using audience and cultural insights to build materials and programs that deliver a compelling, cohesive and clear narrative. They'll lead the development and implementation of integrated marketing programs that create deep emotional connections with consumers and drive meaningful revenue for the WarnerMedia Entertainment properties including Adult Swim, WM Kids and Family, TBS, TNT, truTV, HBO Max AVOD, and WB franchise and theatrical initiatives.
This strategic marketer will collaborate with award-winning entertainment teams/executives, producers, creatives, sales leaders, insights and measurement teams, PR, and product marketing to architect materials that drive results. They'll also work closely with creative and production teams to produce content experiences across linear, digital, social, streaming and experiential platforms leveraging some of the world's most iconic entertainment IP including Rick & Morty, DC Comics, Wonder Woman, Harry Potter, Friends and AEW.
Reporting to the VP of Entertainment Marketing Solutions, this individual will lead internal brainstorms and work in a fast-paced environment that often involves juggling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines. This role requires the candidate to move at a fast pace while also delivering error-free content that meets company style guides and tonality. They'll have success in building content marketing and sponsorship opportunities in line with brand-developed strategies and must be confident interfacing with individuals of all levels.
Additionally, as bandwidth permits, this candidate will lead the development of integrated marketing programs in response to brand RFPs, proactive client pitches, and supporting our high-priority Unscripted initiatives.
This role will eventually be located in New York, New York, but alas, currently we're all working remotely for the time being as is most of the world due to the pandemic.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop marketing materials, category positioning, presentations, & partnerships for assigned verticals.
- Develop custom marketing ideas in response to RFPs and on a pro-active basis using innovative linear and digital solutions and leveraging the suite of WarnerMedia capabilities.
- Work and align with internal stakeholders to ensure successful campaign development and execution.
- Participate and lead working sessions with network, sales, creative, strategy and research teams.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of WarnerMedia IP, programming, creator network, talent, key tentpole events and experiences and the company's various media and social product offerings.
- Partner with the Network teams to create ground-breaking custom content programming.
- Collaborate with network, production, creative, talent, experiential and other teams and constituencies to build marketing narratives and positions that deliver on client need.
- Partner with consumer insights, strategy, and research teams to link marketing concepts to impactful audience insights and data. Simultaneously manage multiple projects at once and take responsibility for project timelines and program deadlines.
- Stay on top of industry trends, events, new technologies, unique opportunities.
- Possess stellar presentations which clearly communicate marketing strategy and campaign ideas both internally and externally.
- A willingness and desire to present and sell-through custom programs and ideas, both internally to sales and leadership, and externally to clients of all levels.
Who You Are
- You have 10+ years building cross-platform digital marketing programs.
- You have a deep knowledge of linear advertising, digital entertainment, social media marketing, and the influencer space.
- You have stellar team and client management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- You're experienced in interpreting creative direction and adapting points from entertainment network executives and turning those narratives into persuasive copy concepts.
- You're a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to turn ideas into holistic content programs.
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills - both in structure and content.
- You have strong attention to detail, organization, and good management skills.
- You're a self-starter and a strong problem solver.
- You able to work well with different personalities and within a team setting.