Dir, Marketing Project Management
About the Job
E.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a Director, Marketing Project Management for the DC Brand & Product Marketing department.
We are seeking a Project Manager who is a dynamic self-starter to develop, launch, and lead strategic and coordinated cross-organizational initiatives across DC Comics, related WarnerMedia business units, and external partners.
The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, love the act of planning and organization, and enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment. This candidate should be versed in project management styles, methodologies, and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as, the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
Partnering closely with stakeholders in DC Publishing Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders, this role will demonstrate success by:
S/he will build project plans and processes while leveraging leadership, diplomacy, and communication skills to make sure all partners are executing on schedule while keeping stakeholders informed of progress toward the objectives and key milestones.
A successful candidate will be a results-oriented and resourceful leader who is capable of ramping up quickly and establishing themselves as a credible strategic partner with the ability to influence business leaders and teams, as well as cultivate successful relationships with external partners.
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the DC Publishing Senior Leadership Team
- Be responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to all project stakeholders, internal and external to DC/WarnerMedia
- Develop and determine status frequency, and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to project stakeholders and directly to SVP, General Manager
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables on behalf of SVP, General Manager and DC Publishing Senior Leadership Team
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management, templates and standards that could be used by the broader GBE team
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Must share greenlight and content opportunities with stakeholders across the organization, and will be expected to be early point of contact for content opportunities generated outside the role's immediate function
- Work closely with Project Manager, Publishing Initiatives to gather up to date information on important story lines, characters, etc. while sharing critical information related to efforts at other WarnerMedia business units.
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Formal training in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile, process development and team leadership
- Must be able to cut through ambiguity and drive actionable results.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with all levels of the organization, especially Executive Summaries
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience in navigating multiple business partners with competing interests
- Experience working in Marketing, Lifesyle Brand, or Advertising Communications industries
- Proven ability to create, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency with MS Office required
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite, PC and Mac required
- Knowledge of comics and/or DC brand preferred; not required
- Ability to handle confidential information required
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Jira, Confluence, Asana, Slack, and other online project management tools