Dir, Digital Content & Social Media Strategy
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
DC, a WarnerMedia company and home to legendary characters like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and The Flash - is searching for a strategic, technical, and digitally savvy individual to join its Digital Marketing team.
E.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a Director, Digital Marketing for the DC Brand & Product Marketing department.
The Director, Digital Content & Social Media Strategy will play a key role in various decision-making capacities related to social media management and strategy, and digital analytics and reporting for the organization.
The role is responsible for ensuring the smooth and effective day-to-day operation of the company's brand and franchise social media communications, and regular reporting representing the DC digital ecosystem. The position will also be tasked with the long-term vision for DC's social media presence across established and emerging social platforms to address the business priorities of the organization. Responsibilities also include creating and executing marketing plans in conjunction with other internal teams, and coordinating support for DC priority content with other Business Units.
- Leads a combined internal and agency team responsible for managing and maintaining the day-to-day operations of company social media channels, and digital ecosystem analytics.
- Devises content and long term strategy planning for the company's social media presence, aligning with business priorities and current trends. Uses analytics, best practices, and processes to help inform changes.
- Coordinates efficient and effective working relationships across business units to effectively utilize company social channels to promote priority campaigns, both paid and organic. Including organizing regular cross functional meetings for overall digital strategy planning.
- Coordinates with Digital Marketing, and other internal teams to develop, plan, and execute promotional campaigns focusing on social media.
- Provides regular executive reports showing the health of the digital channels, and ad-hoc reports for events and crisis management.
- Provides international social media strategy and best practices, especially in coordination with local territory teams.
- Liaises with internal legal counsel to confirm compliance with current privacy law, FTC guidelines, and fan activation rules, and vendor contracts.
- 8+ years of multichannel content creation experience required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with social media scheduling and listening tools required.
- Experience with both one-way and two-way fan communication for different audience types required.
- Experience creating timely executive reports, especially crisis communications required.
- Experience with data visualization and building compressive digital platform reports required.
- Experience developing and executing integrated digital campaigns considering all available platforms required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Organized self-starter that can drive complex projects, high volume, and tight deadlines with minimal guidance/oversight.
- High quality, detail-specific written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports and other internal resources to achieve business and developmental goals.
- Ability to manage relationships across multiple business units, departments, and external vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor.
- Must be able to maintain project confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of social media products and landscape.
- Solid understanding of industry trends, the partnerships and brand content landscape
- Understanding of brand campaign KPI's, metrics, and analytics
- Passion for the comic book and entertainment industry is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands