About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Data Scientist for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: Data Intelligence Operations department. We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our Data Intelligence Team. The data scientist will be responsible for predictive modeling and analysis of customer data, as well as researching best practices in analytics and data science, and sharing them across the company to improve analytic capabilities at Warner Bros.
- Analyze and model internal customer data.
- Build relationships and collaborate with analysts and researchers across WB.
- Produce statistical and machine learning models that inform how we communicate with our customers.
- Drive improvement in our methodologies, systems and processes.
- Provide analysis, reporting, and modeling to internal organizations based on customer data.
- Prepare and present results of analyses to leadership.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, or similar quantitative field.
- Quantitative oriented Masters Degree or Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in analytics and data science.
- 1+ years of experience with conducting analysis in R, Python, SAS, or similar analytical languages.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with working in cloud based environments like AWS a plus.
- Expertise in machine learning and predictive modeling approaches such as Random Forest, GBM, xgBoost, neural networks/deep learning, etc.
- Skilled researcher, able to distill large bodies of research to key findings and explain them to varied audiences.
- Experience developing testing plans for evaluating campaigns or changes to products
- Knowledge of basic survey design and analysis.
- Strong history of identifying opportunities for developing predictive models to meet business needs.
- Love of TV, Movies, Games, and Comics is a Plus!
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.