Copywriter - LatAm
About the Job
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America.
Reporting to the Director, Editorial (HBO Max Latin-America), the Editorial Copywriter will be responsible for creating and delivering a localized, narrative and creative strategy across the HBO Max platform.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a content specialist to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service.
- Responsible for writing copy for HBO Max platform with an ephasis on messaging strategy, narrative and creative thinking.
- Provide insights and knowledge into creative strategy during the conceptualization of campaigns through brainstorming, conceptual development and pitching stages.
- Identify and search for opportunities to enhance curation strategy across region through use of localized copywriting.
- Utilize data for continuous editorial improvements, and effectively communicate the process or results of your analyses cross-functionally.
- Prepare monthly curation strategy documents to be shared with Marketing, Programming, Social Media, Publishing, and other relevant teams to maintain flow of information and a unified editorial vision across company.
- Partner closely with designers, producers, editorial specialists and other creatives on creative concepts and content.
- Attentive to industry news and possess ability to quickly pivot strategy as needed.
- Ability to translate and reach target audience through localized, native language copywriting that connects and appeals with specific demographics.
- Close cooperation with the Content Planning and Strategy team to ensure appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures.
- Together with the Content Analytics and Research teams, identify critical insights and POV into Content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behavior and competitor analysis across all regions.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field
- 3 or more years' relevant experience
- Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data to inform curation decisions. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on HBO MAX platform.
- Process oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously to under a broader editorial strategy.
- Strong writing and creative skillset with a passion for content in the Latin American context. Familiarity with regional and local content and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content.
- Strong understanding of the Latin American market, SVOD, and direct to consumer.
- A love of television, movies, and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
- Detail oriented. Passionate about getting Ts crossed and Is dotted. Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and proven ability to work across regions and varying time zones.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
- Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in Latin America
- Fluent written and spoken English AND Spanish or Portuguese is a prerequisite.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands