About the Job
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
The Business Systems Analyst provides guidance and leadership to facilitate communication between Enterprise Technology and Client's business area, including open request, resolutions, and functional support. Typically works on multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile projects.
- Facilitate analysis meetings with business clients to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects. Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report) to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate. Work with software developers to create functional design and document technical specifications.
- Perform process and/or data modeling and create entity relationship and application workflow diagrams. Coordinate with QA and Developers to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, implementation of conversion process and data verification.
- Structure business requirements to facilitate test plan creation. Support development team and QA with testing activities and needs. Coordinate and participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- Support Project Manager with scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, and project plan. Provide analysis task time estimates. Prepare application release notes and distribute them to the customer.
- Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents.
- Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations.
- Provide hands-on production support. Identify and research problem trends and work with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, or other measures. Document and facilitate turnover plan to other technology groups as needed.
- Communicate regularly with management team members regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or business processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
- At least 5 years in software development, business analysis, or related IT experience
- At least 3 years' experience with EPM Hyperion (Planning, Essbase, DRM) products version 18.104.22.168 or later
- Full project lifecycle system implementation experience
- Proficient skills using the MS Office suite and process modeling tools
- Experience with client-server architecture
- Experience with structured development methodology
- Experience with relational databases and queries
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- 2 years functional experience in HR, accounting, or other business function (excluding direct IT experience)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands