About the Job
We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The CNN Digital Productions team is a group of multitalented, passionate producers dedicated to telling impactful stories. We produce premium digital video series and shows with an emphasis on OTT off-platform. These are stories for the modern news consumer, wherever they experience news, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Producer (Temporary) for the Digital Productions department.
The Point with Chris Cillizza - is adigital-only, two times a week show that cuts through the spin to get to the point of the day's trending political news. Chris discusses important topics around politics and offers insight and analysis.
What will you be doing?
- Video research and newsgathering
- Pitching ideas, developing stories and scripts
- Writing and editing scripts
- Booking guests for live streams or taped segments
- Clearing video with Rights and Clearance
- Editing video, photo, SOTs and still strings
- Create requests (Affiliates) for video
- Finding crowd-sourced videos online and clearing with our Rights and Clearances team
- Offering constructive feedback
- Posting content on social media and CNN.com
- Ideating and participating in additional CNN Digital Productions projects
- Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of experience working in a news production environment
- Strong interest in politics
- Strong editorial judgement and awareness of what visuals are needed to make a story compelling
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to find new and engaging ways of presenting information
- A curiosity and drive to locate the most compelling video and photo content for segments
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- Experience in video editing skills, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects is a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands